FluoriMax’s patented technology is the first varnish to be colophony-free. Colophony is the resin component of traditional varnishes that originates in pine trees. Since there is no water in varnishes, fluoride needs to escape the varnish and contact the saliva before it is activated. FluoriMax’s 2.5% sodium fluoride reaches water more efficiently because it uses dewaxed, food-grade shellac, a resin that dries and becomes 7 times thinner than other colophonies, allowing a higher quantity of fluoride to be released and in contact with the tooth. More sodium fluoride touching saliva means more of it is released rather than brushed off with the resin or swallowed in small pieces before it can be released from the colophony.
For the dental professionals
• Colophony free, replaced by shellac
• Dries and adheres in seconds
• More comfortable
• Smooth: non-tacky or burning feeling
• ± $0.59 (children: 2 drops) to ± $1.18 (adults: 4 drops)
• 12ml bottle = 480 drops
• Hydroxyapatite: protects from acid attacks and keeps enamel strong
• Increased patient compliance
• Most efficient varnish with superior fluoride uptake
• No uni-dose required: dispense only the quantity needed
• Opportunity to replace foam and gel fluorides
• Sweetened with xylitol
2.5% Sodium Fluoride (11,300 ppm F)
Shellac, propylene glycol, ethyl alcohol, dibasic sodium phosphate, ammonium phosphate, xylitol, sucralose, calcium hydroxyapatite, mint flavour or bubble gum flavor.
• 2 x 12ml bottles
• 300 applicators
• 300 mixing wells
• Bubble gum
• High risk caries
• Tooth sensitivity
Options of treatments
High intensity treatment: 3 times within 5 to 7 days
Dental hygiene maintenance: 3 to 6 months
Maximum daily dose Adults: 0.5 milliliters
Children 4 to 9 years old: 0.25 milliliters
Application 1. A prophylaxis is not required, however, removal of excessive plaque or calculus may be beneficial.
2. Prior to application, shake the bottle vigorously for 15 seconds.
3. Hold the bottle upright and flip open the dropper cap.
4. Dispense the desired amount into a dappen dish or mixing well. Dispense right before the application of the FluoriMax is to commence. When complete, close the flip-top cap. Recommended drops are:
• Site specific or impcomplete dentition: 1-2 drop(s) • Primary dentition: 2-3 drops
• Mixed dentition: 3-4 drops • Permanent dentition: 4-5 drops
5. Leave the tooth moist, but immediately before application have the patient swallow or use suction to remove any excess saliva.
6. Dip the applicator brush into the dappen dish; remove excess.
7. FluoriMax is a thin liquid that dries and adheres completely in
seconds. Sitting the patient upright during application, while not
required, reduces the potential for it to drip off of the tooth
8. Start on the lower posterior teeth and apply one continuous layer of varnish by sweeping the brush across the facial/buccal surface(s). NOTE: This motion will provide complete tooth coverage since the varnish flows and adheres beyond the brush width. One coating is all that is needed per surface. If you see white streaks or if your patient feels a strong flavor taste after the application, you have over applied. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
9. FluoriMax dries rapidly. Keep the cheek and lips off the tooth surface for 3 to 5 seconds after application to allow it to completely harden.
Patient instructions For optimal results, ask the patients to avoid drinking alcohol and brushing or flossing during 4 hours.
WHY ARE ALL VARNISHES 5% SODIUM FLUORIDE?
The first studies made 20 years ago on fluoride varnishes were done with 5% NaF formulations because it was the only formulation available on the market. There was no rational to choose 5% instead of another concentration.
INDEPENDENT SCIENTIFIC DATA SHOWING SAME OR BETTER EFFECT OF 2.5% NAF VARNISHES ON 5% NAF 6, 7, 8
1980’s and 1990’s :
A series of in vitro and in vivo studies established statistical equivalency between 2.5% NaF and 5% NaF varnish formulations
In-Vivo 3 Year Clinical Study Compared the effects of a 5% NaF varnish (Duraphat) and a 2.5% varnish (experimental Duraphat) applied three times annually 9
“It can be stated at a reasonable level of certainty that if a difference in the efficacy of the two varnishes exists, it is probably minute.”
In vitro research model created using synthetic HAp discs to test “saturation theory” 1
This is such a great product. Patients don't have to leave the office with a sticky feeling on their teeth and no clumps either!
- Kelly Kasper S., from facebook page
It's fast to use, applies much thinner than other varnishes, and dries clear. Better fluoride uptake & improved patient compliance too!
- Jessica Longino J., from facebook page
Revolutionary! All my hygienists love this product.
- Ashley P., from facebook page