Technology has allowed dental implants to be more accessible to patients, which can improve their oral health. As primary oral health care practitioners, clinicians play a pivotal role in maintaining implants. Having fundamental knowledge of implant components, the mechanism and debridement materials are central in achieving comprehensive patient-centred care.
This lecture explores the concepts of Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) and how to incorporate it with the care module process (assess, diagnose, plan, implement, and evaluate), ADPIE to successfully and comprehensively maintaining implants and overall health.
- Assessment: Describe Peri-implant disease. What clinical parameters are relevant for assessing implants?
- Diagnosis: Learn the current AAP classification.
- Planning: Learn the treatment plan for healthy and diseased peri-implant.
- Implementation: Describe the various materials used to debride healthy and disease peri-implants. Identify the concepts needed to effectively and safely debride around implants.
- Evaluation: Describe the complications, referral and recall intervals for the healthy and disease peri-implants.