Mechanism of action
X-PUR CariØ®, with its scientifically proven 25% medicinal-grade xylitol formulation, works during the colonization and adhesion of the caries process to reduce the cariogenic bacteria load. For many years, studies have shown that the tooth decay causing bacteria are not able to metabolize xylitol, which results in an absence of lactic acid and polysaccharide production. This is why X-PUR CariØ® is effective to prevent the caries process, reduce non-cavitated and cavitated lesions and remineralize.
- Complements topical fluorides by reducing cariogenic bacteria load
- Effective against acute otitis media
- Gentle formulation
- Low abrasiveness (RDA level of 60)
- Sodium lauryl sulfate free
- Natural health product
- Neutral pH of 7.01
- Safe for the environment: does not contain plastic particles that could harm the environment
- Scientifically proven formulation
- Unique patented formulation with CITROX®: specific antibacterial bioflavonoid complex
- Children and toddlers
- Disabled patient
- Disadvantaged population
- Dysphagic patients
- Elderly people
- Fluoride free lovers
- Holistic health
- Pregnant women
- Public health
- Vegetarian / Vegan
Scientifically proven to1
(Compared to a fluoride toothpaste)
less non-cavitated lesions
less cavitated lesions
more remineralized lesions
CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS ON PERIODONTITIS (2021)
Medical treatment of periodontal disease requires the identification of the pathological activity threshold of bacteria. An explanatory study of nine high-risk patients using X-PUR CariØ® showed a 78% reduction of these bacteria after brushing for three months.
Water, hydrated silica, sorbitol, cellulose gum, sodium lauroylsarcosinate, spearmint flavor, sodium benzoate, calcium glycerophosphate, saccharin, limonene.
Directions for use
Adults and children
At least 2 times per day for a minimum of 3 months
- Brush with a small quantity of toothpaste
- Bubble gum (ideal for children)
Dr. Jacques Véronneau, D.M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Creator of X-PUR CariØ
12 YEARS OF RESEARCH PROVING ITS EFFICACY
Since 1952, fluoride is the most widely used therapeutic agent in toothpaste. For adults and children highly infected by cariogenic bacteria (100,000 Streptococcus mutans / mL of saliva), which represents a significant percentage of your patients, fluoride toothpaste will remineralize, but might not offer optimal removal of cariogenic bacteria.
This is why, more than 12 years ago, Dr. Jacques Véronneau, clinician, researcher and one of the only cariologists in Canada, began his journey to identify a therapeutic agent able to reduce the cariogenic bacteria load. He then began many studies, the most important being with 99 Kosovar children, to confirm the efficacy of a 25% xylitol toothpaste against cariogenic bacteria.
The results were really conclusive and this is why we are now launching the 1st Canadian 25% medicinal-grade xylitol toothpaste with a scientifically proven formulation to reduce bacteria load! Below are the results of Dr. Véronneau’s studies.
Reduces cariogenic bacteria load of highly infected patients
17% highly infected 45% without SM*
5% highly infected
34% highly infected 24% without SM* and L**
0.3% highly infected
Results were maintained even 6 months after stopping using X-PUR CariØ
Average lesions of 200 Kosovar children brushing 2 times per day over 2 years
What is CITROX®, and how does it work against infection in your patients’ mouths?
Research is starting to reveal the potential of mouthwashing procedures as an additional protection against viral and bacterial infections. Citrox® is one of the key ingredients of gargling solutions that helps fight them. But what is it really, and how does it work?
Keeping the mouths of your patients free from infection affects not only their oral health, but also has long-term effects on their general, long-term well-being. While not meant as primary means of fighting infection, Citrox® is an important ingredient in several mouthwash solutions and provides additional protection against bacteria and viruses when it’s needed most, such as after surgery or during epidemics.
What is Citrox®?
Citrox® is a natural combination of organic acids, and bioflavonoids derived from bitter oranges. It has been designed to serve as a powerful antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal agent.
Slowly proving itself as an important ingredient in efficient mouthwash solutions, we believe that Citrox®, together with cyclodextrins, will play a crucial role in the future of oral healthcare. Health starts in the mouth, and using mouthwashes to protect the mucous membranes against harm can help lower the risk of your patients becoming infected and developing a range of serious non-communicable diseases and conditions.
How does Citrox® work against bacteria and viruses?
The effect of Citrox® largely comes down to the flavonoids in it.
The bioflavonoids bind to bacteria’s receptor sites, blocking the passages that bacteria need for feeding and emptying. Unable to sustain these processes, the bacteria essentially drown, killed by the flavonoid.
Furthermore, unlike some other compounds used for infection control in dentistry, Citrox® is non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-carcinogenic and non-allergenic. It doesn’t stain teeth or alter food flavor, and it’s dermatologically tested, biodegradable, safe and eco-friendly.
When can Citrox® help?
Citrox® has been designed as an ingredient in oral care products, enhancing their healing and protective effects. Citrox®-enabled mouth rinses can help especially:
- Before and after oral surgery
- Against periodontal disease
- Against candidal infections
- Combined with other ingredients, serving as an important additional protection
In these situations, Citrox®-containing oral health products can form part of the prophylactic measures that you can recommend to your patients to help them keep their oral mucosa protected, helping reduce risk of infection.
In the end, it’s complex care of the mucous tissues what helps protect the patient from becoming infected. And with mouth rinse procedures being fast and easy to apply, we believe that in the future, they will become even more important for keeping your patients healthy – especially in situations when the mucosa is exposed to physical stress such as after surgical procedures or during viral epidemics.
- 1. Jacques E. Veronneau, DMD, PhD1, Blerta Laiti-Xhemaji, PhD(c)2, Adim Begzati, DMD, MSc2. 1McGill University, Canada; 2Prishtina University, Kosovo. RCT TESTING THE EFFICACY OF NATURAL TOOTHPASTE ON THE CONTROL OF CARIOUS PROCESS: A NEW ERA OF THERAPEUTIC EFFICACY IN PRIMARY PREVENTION.
- 2. Ioana Chi, MSc(c)2, Jacques E. Veronneau, DMD, PhD1, Mindra Badea, DMD, MSc2. 1McGill University, Canada; 2Cluj University, Romania. THE MINIMAL AND SUSTAINABLE TIMEFRAME FOR AN ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF XYLITOL 25 % TOOTHPASTE: OBSERVATIONAL DESIGN DOCUMENTING.
- 3. Blerta Laiti-Xhemaji, PhD(c)2, Jacques E. Veronneau, DMD, PhD1, Adim Begzati, DMD, MSc2. 1McGill University, Canada; 2Prishtina University, Kosovo. TOBSERVATIONAL DESIGNS TESTING THE ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF NATURAL TOOTHPASTE ON CARIOGENIC BACTERIA.