Register to our
What is X-PUR Guard?
Today, we have a heightened sensitivity to viruses and infection control. Provincial regulatory bodies across Canada recommend the use of a pre-procedural oral rinse. We are proud to present X-PUR Guard, a new pre-procedural rinse containing highly effective patented bioflavonoid concentration (citrus extract) called Citrox®. Studies conducted by independent laboratories using a recognized medical methodology have demonstrated that X-PUR Guard kills 99.94% of the tested enveloped viruses in 5 minutes. 1
What is its mechanism of action?
Hyaluronic Acid (High Molecular Weight Level)
- Creates a physical barrier that coats the mucosa to encapsulate and isolate the virus from entering the oral and nasopharyngeal cavities2,3,4
- Delivers Flavobac™ to the main sites of exposure to the virus and its reproduction2,42,4
Citrox® (Patented, plant-based, specific complex of bioflavonoids, a citrus extract)
- Destroys the virus envelope, deactivating and killing the virus, neutralizing their ability to infect cells.
- Citrox® has already being shown to kill the Human Coronavirus*, Influenza virus, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Rhinovirus, including the mostdifficult strains of cold and flu H5N1 (bird flu), H1N1 (swine flu), and SARS-CoV2,3,4
BENEFITS OF X-PUR GUARD
- Contain Citrox®: antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal
- Cost-effective: 1 bottle ≈ 500 patients
- Deactivates 99.94% of the most common strains of enveloped viruses in minutes1
- GMO free
- Pump with graduated 4ml cup
- Great taste
- No mixing required, ready to use
- Safe to handle
Water, glycerine, xylitol, polysorbate 20, ethanol, bioflavonoids, mint flavour, disodium phosphate, anhydrous, stevia, cetylpyridinium chloride, sodium hyaluronate
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Adults and children aged 6 years and older
- Rinse with water 10 seconds to eliminate any debris.
- Rinse with 8ml (2 pumps) of X-PUR Guard vigorously in the mouth for 1 minute and then expectorate.
- Do not swallow. Use adult supervision for children.
Consult a dental professional.
CITROX® : PATENTED ANTIBACTERIAL AND ANTIVIRAL BIOFLAVONOID COMPLEXX-PUR Guard is an Effective Alternative to Pre-Procedural Hydrogen Peroxide Oral Rinses
(1.5% OR 3%)
3% H.P. diluted Mixing required, not user-friendly
- Microbiological Solutions Limited (MSL), UK, using the EN-14476 methodology, Data on file, July 2020.
- Fallacara, A. et al. (2018). Hyaluronic acid in the third millennium. Polymers, Issue 10, pages 1-36.
- Hooper, S.J. et al. (2011). Antimicrobial activity of Citrox bioflavonoid preparations against oral microorganisms. British Dental Journal, Volume 210, page E22.
- Mero, A. & Campisi, M. (2014). Hyaluronic acid bioconjugates for the delivery of bioactive molecules. Polymers, Volume 6, pages 346-369.
- Niemietz, I. et al. (2020). Hyaluronan primes the oxidative burst in human neutrophils. Journal of Leukocyte Biology, pages 1-9.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. (2019). Key facts about influenza (flu). Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/keyfacts.htm.
- Tesini, B.L. Coronaviruses and acute respiratory syndromes (COVID-19, MERS, and SARS). (2020). Merck Manual Professional Version. Retrieved from: https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/infectious-diseases/respiratory-viruses/coronaviruses-and-acute-respiratory-synromes-covid-19-mers-and-sars.
- WebMD. (2019). What’s causing my cold? Retrieved from: https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/common_cold_causes.
*X-PUR GUARD is presently being tested against SARS-CoV-2.
** All of the pathogens/viruses are tested at independent laboratories.
*** Bidra, S. Avinash & all. Comparison of In Vitro Inactivation of SARS CoV-2 with Hydrogen Peroxide and Povidone-Iodine Oral Antiseptic Rinses, Journal of Prosthodontics 0 (2020) 1–5, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jopr.13220.